Pages

Saturday 17 October 2009

MEDITATING WITH GEM STONES


I am now learning about gemstones and crystals and how to meditate using them. There are so many to choose from, I thought I would start with the AMETHYST, The Amethyst is known as a POWER STONE.

AMETHYST is a quartz, it comes in colours ranging from purple, lilac, mauve and violet.
The word Amethyst comes from the greek word meaning " without drunkenesss" and was traditionaly worn to guard against drunkeness and to instill a sober mind,
The Amethyst is also believed to protect against poison.

The physical healing properties of Amethyst includes:
Calming of the nerves and also helps the nervous system,.
Helps to over come fears and cravings,
Helps to relieve headaches.

If you place an Amethyst in the sun it will help heal any negativity in the home. When the Amethyst is place in the moon light everyone in the home will feel clamer and peaceful.

The Amethyst has been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers,and has been worn to protect against witchcraft. The Amethyst can also be used as an meditaion aid when worn as a necklace. It is said to aid creative thinking. When the Amethyst is used in meditation it will increase positive spiritual feelings, The Amethyst symbolizes sincerity and spiritual wisdom.

Zodiac - Pisces, Aquarius, Aries, Capricorn.
Chakra - Crown
Colour - Violet ( light through to dark )

7 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

Amethysts are so pretty! Although I don't own any. I only have sapphires and emeralds and rubies...I should buy some amethysts soon...hhhmm....thank you for the reminder...not for meditating with, though, but for jewelry... :)

Sheila Correia said...

Hi Mads! Thanks for emailing me! Love your blog; I'm very much on the same page with you regarding spirituality and enjoy any opportunity to connect with like minds. I have you in my blog roll. Talk soon! Sheila

Breitling Replica said...

Beautiful gemstone, one of the beautiful creature of God, Really love it.

Replica Jewelry said...

I found your post really helpful, thanks for sharing such a nice post, keep it up.

Replica Jewelry said...

Nice Article, I hope this article will help of the lot of guys here.

Replica Vertu said...

Beautiful stones, love the way you have represented them.

Crystal Pendant said...

I had one Amethyst four years ago which I used to wear during parties & occasions but it broke down and then I bought crystal pendant for the lesser price...but I really miss my amethyst..

Related Posts with Thumbnails