Pages

Sunday 27 September 2009

PRANAYAMA. YOGA BREATHING



One of the five principles of yoga is Pranayama or Breathing Exercises.These exercises teach us how to promote proper breathing.

Breathing properly brings more oxygen to the blood and brain.

HIGH BREATHING

High Breathing refers to the upper part of the chest and lungs. High breathing involves raising the ribs and shoulders.

LOW BREATHING

Low Breathing refers to the lower part of the chest and lungs.When you inhale push the stomach gently forward,When exhaling bring the stomach back to it's normal position.

MIDDLE BREATHING

Middle Breathing is a bit harder to do as you expand the ribs and the chest sideways.

When doing yoga you learn how to control your breathing. This helps with the yoga movements,meditaion, and the body.

This is only a very small portion of Pranayama, Yoga Breathing I shall go into a lot more detail further into my blog.

3 comments:

Remya Raman said...

Maddie,

The picture shows the pose called "Padamasana" in Yoga.

I guess I'm correct. I've learned Yoga for 4 years and I know quite a bit of it. Yoga gives you so much relaxation. Its the best form to do meditation.

Great post for people who would love to do meditation.

Mystique Earth said...

The Relaxation & Peace that one is able to get through Meditation, there is nothing comparable to it.

Only that one must practise diligently for some time, for me it was 3 months to really experience what is the True Meaning of Silence, Peace & Relaxation.

My bosses sometime compel me to drink beers & say this is the BEST enjoyment & relaxation that life has to provide. I usually say how wrong they are in my heart.

You need not be able to do Padmasana to enjoy the fruits of meditation as it could be quite an uncomfortable task for beginners to have both feet on top of the thighs.

Instead if this is dificult, try both feet below the thighs, the simplest form of Asana which I still do.

Ron said...

Proper breathing is very important, good job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails